How to Write A Letter To A Potential Professional Member
HISTORY IN THE MAKING
Starting a conversation via mailed letter or email is an important step in successfully recruiting business professional members and supporters for your ND DECA Chapter!
Use this guide to write your own compelling letter to gain more professional members for your chapter! Wondering why your Chapter should want to have business professionals involved?
Check out this Article for ways that business professionals can help your chapter maximize the momentum.
Use this outline and tips to write your letters. Be sure you send them and of course, follow up within a few days!
Subject Line: ( change so it is related to what your email is about)
Explain who you are (Indent the first line of each paragraph)
Explain what DECA is
- DECA is a national organization that is related to the marketing classes in schools. DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality, and management by education, competition, and experiences.
Then your request. (This will be different based upon what you are asking for. Use these examples to get started)
- I was wondering if you would be interested in coming to speak with our chapter on your job and what it is like being a ______. Please let me know if this is something that you are interested in.
- I was wondering if you would be interested in becoming a __Professnial/Alumni______ member of DECA. By doing this you are supporting North Dakota DECA. If this is something you are interested in please follow the link below. https://membership.decaregistration.com/deca/virtuallogin#
- Right now my DECA chapter is working on our projects for state. We are holding a practice competition and would like to ask you if you would be willing to be a judge for us? It would be on ___date and time___. Please let me know if this is something you are interested in.
- Currently, our DECA chapter is _learning about, working on, etc.___ and is interested in touring a business who does this. Please let us know if this is a possibility.
- Right now we are looking for a business to help sponsor our trip to the International Career Development Conference or nationals. This is an incredible opportunity for members and is a great learning experience.
- Thank you for your time and consideration,
- I look forward to hearing from you,
- Your name, DECA chapter, phone number ( if you want to)
Example Letter To A Financial Professional
Subject line: Speaking with Davies DECA Chapter
This is Linnea Axtman and I am a member of the DECA chapter at Fargo Davies here in town. DECA is a national organization that is related to the marketing classes in schools. DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality, and management through education, competition, and experiences.
I was wondering if you would be interested in coming to speak with our chapter on your job and what it is like being a financial advisor. Please let me know if this is something that you are interested in.
Thank you for your time and consideration,
Davies DECA Chapter