High School Competitive Event Updates 2019
Some of the competitive events are seeing changes for the 2019-20 year. The event changes are in an effort to align with the industry best practices and needs.
1. The Chapter Team Events will now be called the Project Management Events, effective for the 2019-2020 school year as approved by the DECA Inc. Board of Directors. The Project Management Events require participants to use project management skills to initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control and close a project.
Participants in the Project Management Events will:
• identify a problem
• develop a project management plan related to the problem
• implement the project using project management skills
• develop a written report and presentation on the project
The new event names are:
• Business Solutions Project (similar to the Creative Marketing Project) Code: PMBS
• Career Development Project (similar to the Entrepreneurship Promotion Project) Code: PMCD
• Community Awareness Project (similar to the Public Relations Project) Code: PMCA
• Community Giving Project (Similar to the Community Service Project) Code: PMCG
• Financial Literacy Project (Similar to the Financial Literacy Promotion Project) Code: PMFL
• Sales Project (Similar to the Learn and Earn Project) Code: PMSP
There is a common set of guidelines and evaluation rubrics for the Project Management Events.
2. Performance Indicator lists have been updated at deca.org. View Competitve Event Details and PI lists
3. The guidelines for the prepared Entrepreneurship Events have been updated for clarity and consistency.
Sharing news, information, and resources to make North Dakota DECA better!