Volunteer at North Dakota DECA
Spend Time With Students
We volunteer in our communities to learn, grow, and be socially responsible. Our Chapter’s across North Dakota spend time planning and marketing events that support their communities in one way or another.
While our students go into the community, we’re looking for the community to come into the Chapter. Here’s a list of invaluable ways to donate your time.
Ways to Volunteer your time and make a difference in North Dakota DECA –
- Judge at the local level – Chapters begin preparing for competition in January and continue through the International Career Development Conference in late April. Getting outside feedback and presenting to others is the best way we can practice!
- Judge at the state level – All of the ND DECA Chapters come together in February and March to put our skills to the test. We need professionals from all business industries to decide who is best! This is a 1-day event that pays in continental breakfast and unlimited coffee!
- Be a part of the program’s board – Each district has an Advisory Board that acts as a direct connection to the working industry. We rely on the Advisory Board to give us feedback on classroom topics, educational needs, and open doors for our members to succeed.
- Be an expert on a panel – Share your experience! Students learn best from those who have first hand experience and advice. Is that you? Chapters host career panels to technology panels!
- Share your expertise to move ND DECA’s mission forward. Are you a PR expert? Do you create marketing strategy? Do you facilitate leadership workshops? Are you a motivational speaker? We love borrowing expertise to get the ND DECA message out!
- Open your business to be a part of a written project or business partnership. Written projects promote real-life learning, but members can’t complete the project without the real-life information!
- Be a classroom speaker. Tell us about your career! Share your industry trends. Teach us something new and join us in the classroom as our guest speaker.
- Teach a skill. Can you add to the resume’s of members or spark an interest as it relates to a career-ready skill? We love learning computer programs, technology, strategy, and everything in between.
- See a Need – Fill a Need. We love hearing from those who want to help move the DECA story forward. Contact us to volunteer in a way that’s not on the list. We can’t wait to hear from you.